Estimation of production cost and revenue
Revision as of 17:23, 22 February 2014 by Jxamplas
Variable Cost of Production
Estimating Variable Production Costs
Raw Materials Cost
Costs of chemical feed stocks required by the process. Feed stocks flow rates are obtained from PFD .
Waste Disposal Costs
These are defined as the cost of waste treatment to protect the environment .
Fixed Cost of Production
Estimating Fixed Production Costs
Land, Rent, Taxes
Licensing and Royalties
Pricing Products and Raw Materials
Price data Sources
Internal Company Forecasts
Online Brokers and Suppliers
- Wankat, P.C. (2012). Separation Process Engineering. Upper Saddle River: Prentice-Hall.
- Towler, G.P. and Sinnot, R. (2012). Chemical Engineering Design: Principles, Practice and Economics of Plant and Process Design.Elsevier.
- Biegler, L.T., Grossmann, L.E., and Westerberg, A.W. (1997). Systematic Methods of Chemical Process Design. Upper Saddle River: Prentice-Hall.
- Peters, M.S. and Timmerhaus, K.D. (2003). Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers, 5th Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Seider, W.D., Seader, J.D., and Lewin, D.R. (2004). Process Design Principles: Synthesis, Analysis, and Evaluation. New York: Wiley.
- Turton, R.T., Bailie, R.C., Whiting, W.B., and Shaewitz, J.A. (2003). Analysis, Synthesis, and Design of Chemical Processes Upper Saddle River: Prentice-Hall.